Chawal Ki Kheer --- Indian Rice Pudding | Flavour Diary




Oo my my, I am missing all precious moments of holding a new born nephew in my arms. Hope i will do that soon when i go back india. I am sharing my happiness with you all by sharing a most popular dessert from india which is quite easy and needs very less effort.
This is rich creamy and thick rice pudding called Chawal ki Kheer, which is made for any celebrations or for just any sweet tooth day. I love to have this chilled but this will also taste great when hot.

Level: Easy 
Total time: 30-45 mins
Serves: 4

1 cup = 240 ml

Ingredients

Basmati/Long Grain Rice : 1/2 cup
Sugar: 1/2 cup
Cardamon Powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Mixed Nuts(Almonds, Pistachio, Cashew): 1/4 cup
Milk: 1.5 liters


Directions

Wash and Soak Rice for 2 hrs. Drain water and blend it for 20 seconds.It should be grainy texture.
In a heavy bottom pan bring milk to boil and then add rice and sugar. 
Cook on medium flame and stir in between and make sure it won't stick to the bottom. Once the mixture is little thick, add cardamon powder and Chopped nuts. Cook till the mixture is thick or to your desired thickness.

Adjust the sweetness to taste and Serve hot or chilled, both tastes great.





Wanna try....let set go....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I Love to hear from you, your valuable comments and suggestion.